Years ago we would have friends over for pizza. We’d make our own with everyone bringing various ingredients. It always made for a good time!
Basic Pizza Dough
makes 1 recipe pizza dough, prep 10 min, rise time 1 hour
• 1 pkg active dry yeast (or 2 1/4 tsp loose yeast)
• 1 cup warm water
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp salt
• 2 3/4 cup flour
1. Combine yeast and warm water, stir to dissolve.
2. Add oil, salt, and flour. Stir to combine.
3. Once dough starts to come together, turn out onto a floured counter and knead to thoroughly combine-until dough is smooth and elastic. If it is uncooperative let it rest for a few minutes and come back to it.
4. Place dough ball in a greased bowl and cover loosely. Allow dough to rise until doubled, approximately an hour.
All images and original content on this blog are the sole property of Granny Green and may not be used or copied without Granny’s OK. However, the website is meant to be a place to share ideas...please use any menu or recipe you wish...and I’d love to see some of your own!