1. Wipe a little glycerin (available in drug stores) on windows and bathroom mirrors and buff with a soft cloth to keep them from steaming up.
2. For a fast shine to your glass shower doors, wipe them with a sponge containing white vinegar. It cuts soap film quickly.
3. Use baking soda mixed with liquid dish detergent and water to scour the tub and walls and doors of the shower.
4. Clean bathroom tiles with vinegar which has been poured into a spray bottle.
5. One of the easiest ways to clean bathroom walls is to run hot water in the bathtub and shut the door for five minutes. Steam will form on the walls and ceilings and loosen the dirt, which can then be wiped with a dry, clean cloth.
6. The same enzyme presoak that takes stains out of fabric will clean unsightly spots from porcelain sinks. Soak sink and garments at the same time.
7. The rough, grainy texture which forms in bathtubs can be removed by soaking with vinegar.
8. To remove stains from old bathtubs, use a “fine” automotive polishing compound.
9. Use undiluted ammonia to remove bath oil rings from the bathtub.
10. Use undiluted ammonia to remove bath oil rings from the bathtub.
11. To get rid of mildew stains on sinks, tubs and tiles, pour on bleach, let sit for a few minutes, then rinse.
12. Shine chrome in the bathroom with a cloth dampened with vinegar. Let dry, then polish with a soft cloth.
13. Use hydrogen peroxide in shower door tracks to loosen the hardened scum. When it bubbles up, run a cotton swab along the track and flush with glass of water.
14. To get soap film and grime off vinyl shower curtains, spray them down with a vinegar/water solution and then wash them in the washing machine with another cup of vinegar and regular detergent.
15. Use wintergreen oil as a bathroom deodorant. Soak a cotton ball with the oil and place in a glass container. It will last for months.
16. Place a denture-cleaning tablet in the toilet bowl and let it dissolve. This is an easy, inexpensive way to help keep the bowl clean.
17. Put a scoop of Tang in the toilet bowl and let sit for a couple of hours. It eliminates toilet bowl stains, leaving the toilet clean and fresh smelling.
18. Pour left over cola drinks into your toilet bowl. Let soak, then flush and the bowl will sparkle.
19. Save old toothbrushes for cleaning around difficult areas in the bathroom.
20. A sponge makes a great soap dish.