- Brushing teeth wet brush, rinse briefly, = ½ gallon
- Shaving, fill sink basin = 1 gallon
- Washing hands fill sink basin = 1 gallon Tub bath minimal water level = 10 to 12 gallons
- Flushing toilet using a smaller tank = 4 to 6 gallons
- Dishwashing washing and rinsing in the sink = 5 gallons
- Automatic dishwasher short cycle = 7 gallons
- Washing machine short cycle with minimal water level = 27 gallons
- Outdoor watering average hose = 10 gallons per minute
- Leaks - even a small drip can add up to 25 gallons per day
Friday, October 22, 2010
How much water do you use?
Believe it or not, the average water usage per person per day is 200 gallons!